TITLE: Director of Marketing & Communications | STATUS: Full Time | REPORTS TO: Executive Director
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT: Marketing Director is a highly motivated, collaborative member of the management team responsible for strategic leadership and management of sales, marketing/communication, public relations, and brand management strategies that grow and sustain diverse audiences in fulfillment of our mission.
Key Responsibility Areas & Core Job Duties
- Develop a 3-year Marketing vision and business plan to drive awareness of Dance St Louis and to increase overall ticket revenue.
- Increase Dance St. Louis awareness and relevancy through new campaign development.
- Create a plan to develop new partnerships, activate influentials, and drive word of mouth advocacy.
- Oversee all marketing and public relations of the organization, including but not limited to: Creative copywriting associated with print, on line, radio and TV advertising
- Conceptualization and creation of visual aspects of advertising.
- Social Media
- Press Relations
- Develop strategies to identify and employ the most effective marketing mix of traditional and non-traditional marketing opportunities: direct marketing, telemarketing, grass-roots marketing and online and digital marketing initiatives.
- Create an annual Marketing budget in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Manage all media relations, including pitching stories and coordinating various radio, television and public appearance promotions.
- Maintain relations with various external vendors.
- Audience development and creation of corporate and civic partnerships in collaboration with the Development department.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar program.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems, and programs relating to box office reservation and web maintenance software.
Productivity and Accountability
- Analyze the effectiveness of sales marketing initiatives and costs and continually improve results; create benchmarks and success measurements for marketing programs.
- Research best practices of similar organizations related to successful sales campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Analyze audiences using internal data and regular audience research findings.
- Maintain strong communication with: All internal departments, Board and external stakeholders, Regional and national media outlets, Dance companies and production teams.
- Mandatory Qualifications:
o 3-5 years of marketing communications or brand management experience
o Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Desired Qualifications:
o Successful track record for achieving and exceeding sales and revenue goals
o Marketing experience in the non-profit arts sector in St. Louis
- Desired Personal Qualities:
o Passion for Marketing and for the art form of Dance
o Entrepreneurial spirit to create opportunities with limited resources
To be considered, qualified candidates must submit cover letter, resume and salary expectations via e-mail to: Janet Brown, Executive Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org