Managing Director of Programs and Community Engagement (Full Time)
The Managing Director of Programs and Community Engagement is the lead staff position for program development and operations, as well as community engagement strategies and collaborations. The Managing Director of Programs and Community Engagement reports to the Board President and the Board Executive Committee. This position is co-equal with the Managing Director of Philanthropy and Administration, and will work collaboratively with the Artistic Consultant and the Education Coordinator.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the arts non-profit field on a management level
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts administration, performing arts, or a related field
- Knowledge of dance and the professional dance world desirable
1. Meet financial objectives of the organization associated with ticket sales.
2. Oversee implementation of marketing strategies, developed with PR/Marketing contractors.
3. Build new audiences through community engagement activities.
4. Collaborate with Artistic Consultant and Board Artistic Committee to determine 2018-19 Season.
5. Negotiate and book the 2018-19 Season of performances, networking and negotiating with artists, agents, and venues.
6. Implement the Season, overseeing technical, transportation, hospitality for dance companies.
7. Coordinate and process Spring to Dance submissions with adjudicators, handle correspondence with S2D applicants.
8. Collaborate with Education Coordinator and Artistic Consultant to implement the Residency Program, Dance Career Award Program, and Young People’s Touring Performances.
9. Collaborate with Education Coordinator and Artistic Consultant to determine Measurable Outcomes and conduct Evaluation of Season performances and Education programs.
10. Oversee Box Office Operations, coordinate ticket sales with ticketing systems at venues.
11. Collaborate with Finance Director, review monthly financial statements, cash flow and year-end forecast. Create and manage the annual marketing and program budgets.
12. Participate in donor/prospect visits, as determined by Managing Director of Philanthropy and Administration. Engage with Managing Director and grants contractor in the development of proposals and reports.
1. Create strategies and collaborations within the local dance community that enhance programs at Dance St. Louis, and strengthens our storytelling to funders.
2. Secure creative partnerships within other arts organizations that build audiences for Dance St. Louis programs.
3. Within the broader community, create innovative initiatives that lead up to New Dance Horizons and Spring to Dance Festival, and that build new audiences.
4. Collaborate with Marketing/PR team to build awareness of programs and financially support them, both contributed and earned income.
About Dance St. Louis:
Celebrating more than 50 years of artistic innovation, Dance St. Louis brings great dance to the St. Louis region, makes this dance accessible to a widely diverse audience, nurtures local dancers and dance companies, and offers unique and transformative Dance Education Outreach. Current annual programs include the Spring to Dance Festival, now in its 10 season, and New Dance Horizons, now in its sixth season.
Submit cover letter, CV and references to:
Managing Director of Philanthropy and Administration
*Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.